Student Success Programming
Programs support and motivate young adults to achieve their academic and recovery goals.
Dedicated Student Success Team Members
recovery-informed academic support and educational planning.
Young adults and their parents navigate education and career options that include recovery support.
A wealth of experience in the education and addiction treatment fields.
Caron Renaissance in Florida
Highlights of Student Success Programming
Caron works with young adults to give them the proper support and guidance so they can achieve academic and personal goals.
Caron’s Student Success Programming at Caron Florida's Renaissance Program offers critical educational services and support to focus and motivate young adults to achieve their academic goals.
For High School Students
Student Success at Caron Renaissance in Florida
The goal of this optional service is to provide support and guidance for students to succeed both academically and in their recovery, creating a life that sets them up to meet their personal and educational goals. Trained, knowledgeable Student Success team members help students both while in treatment and after treatment to set and work toward education goals and also support their recovery via weekly one-on-one meetings.
Assess the student’s academic record in order to create a roadmap that will guide his/her progress toward meeting academic and recovery goals.
- Provide academic coaching that supports students in improving and/or maintaining strong academic performance.
- Assist students in navigating ancillary education tasks such as course registration, medical or personal withdrawals, special needs advocacy, etc.
- In post-treatment, the coach connects with the student via weekly phone/video calls to help them successfully integrate back into the academic environment, meet challenges as they arise, and create a rewarding life in recovery. The Student Success coach also works collaboratively with school staff to stay up to date on the student’s academic progress and needs.
For Post-High School Young Adults and College Students
During treatment: Caron’s trained knowledgeable Student Success members help students (age 18+) create a plan to work toward their educational and personal goals. Using the results of educational assessments and an evaluation of the student’s academic history as well as school records, the Student Success team member meets weekly with the young adult to plan for life after treatment:
- Coordinate tasks, such as, for example, helping the student explore the pros and cons of medical leave vs. taking an incomplete.
- Plan their next steps, such as, for example, identifying best-fit colleges and navigating the application process that positions students in recovery as an asset to the schools.
- Create sober supports that will provide a solid foundation while they are in school, from sober housing to AA or similar recovery support groups.
The Sober Dorm Program at Caron Renaissance in Florida offers an alternative for students who want the structure and services of off-campus recovery-supportive housing. The program helps foster a safe collegiate recovery environment of like-minded individuals working together daily to practice the principles of recovery and abstain from using drugs and alcohol. An academic liaison is available and serves as an advocate to help students clarify, define, and reach their academic goals and will work collaboratively with the student and the school to further support the student’s needs.
- Help students structure an academic schedule that supports their recovery plan.
- Guide students to an understanding of the need for balance between being a successful student and a successful person in early recovery and define what that balance looks like for them.
- Find on- and off-campus recovery-based and mental health resources.
- Collaborate with a student’s treatment providers and counselors in order to ensure the student is continuing to meet treatment goals.
- Provide students with information about college fairs, assist with arranging college and school visits, and coach students so they can make a favorable impression and maximize the benefits of the tours and visits.
- Help students prep for tests such as the ACT, AP exams, SAT, and GED.
- Guide students in developing college application strategies that will successfully position them to be favorably considered.
- Work with students to create a resume in preparation for the college application process.
- Enhance their executive functioning skills.
- Strategize with students to help them plan how to successfully navigate their remaining high school years as a person in early recovery.
Post-treatment coaching: Student Success is available to all students when they leave treatment, whether they were working with a Student Success team member while in treatment or not. We help young adults:
- Understand the importance of and practice accountability, time management, and goal setting.
- Understand what recovery-informed academic support is and how to access it.
- Draft a best-fit college list and conceptualize an admissions strategy that incorporates recovery-informed services.
- Evaluate whether reasonable accommodations and/or retroactive withdrawals/medical leaves are a good option.
Our expert, experienced professionals are dedicated to your well-being.
Targeted Recovery Support and Structure
Maintaining recovery support and structure are crucial in the first year following treatment. My Recovery Connection is an individualized support and monitoring program that offers guidance and accountability.