Recovery Support Services
Caron’s recovery support specialists help you establish local recovery connections and take recovery-positive actions.
At a Glance
Experienced recovery support specialists
support your successful transition into life after treatment.
Services from help organizing your home to recovery coaching
match your needs.
also benefit from the support and expertise of Caron's recovery support specialists.
Highlights of Recovery Support Services
In our more than 60 years of treating substance use and mental health disorders, we have seen how tough the transitions during recovery can be. The individualized, clinically driven support provided by a Caron recovery support specialist can address the challenges of those transitions for you and your family members.
Your recovery support specialist is a trained clinician with extensive experience in recovery support programs who can recommend the most appropriate services for you or recommend a higher level of care if it’s needed. This program is not a substitute for continued treatment or your participation in a 12-Step program or other recovery program.
Your family benefits from the specialist’s support as well via bi-weekly family meetings that can be held at home or at one of Caron’s recovery centers (if accessible) or by phone. The meetings offer a supportive space to address challenges and successes within the family system during early recovery.
Services provided include:
- Recovery support screenings to make sure you have the most appropriate resources.
- 72-hour critical reintegration services so you can successfully reintegrate into your home environment.
- Intensive stabilization visits to support you as you re-engage with recovery programs.
- Case management to help you develop a strong local recovery support network.
- Bi-weekly family meetings to facilitate healthy family relationships.
- Drug testing to reinforce accountability.
- Connection to appropriate support services in the case of a relapse.
You can find detailed lists of services below.
How do I enroll?
You don’t have to. Your clinical team will include these services as part of your aftercare plan if they are appropriate for you. The recovery support specialist will then coordinate with the team to ensure you have a smooth, comfortable transition when you are discharged.
How long is the program?
Length varies by individual. Your recovery support specialist will design a plan and time frame for you.
What am I expected to do?
- Follow Caron’s clinical recommendations for continuing care and actively engage in the identified recovery-related activities:
- Maintain complete abstinence of mood-altering substances, including alcohol.
- Communicate with your recovery support specialist regarding all clinical and wellness appointments, as well as recovery-related and 12-Step activities.
- Agree to random urinalysis and/or SoberLink alcohol monitoring throughout the entirety of the program.
- Sign pertinent releases to allow communication with key stakeholders (clinical team, referent, and family).
72-hour Critical Reintegration Services
- Assist with unpacking your belongings and organizing your home.
- Review and discuss your recovery action plan.
- Remove any intoxicating substances and/or paraphernalia from your home.
- Provide recovery program education.
- Accompany you to twice daily recovery meetings.
- Connect you with a 12-Step Caron contact.
- Connect you with your local Caron alumni coordinator.
- Help you find a local pharmacy to fill your medications.
- Support your daily routine (wake up and wind down).
- Schedule and attend all clinical and wellness appointments.
- Take you to visit your Caron Recovery Center (if accessible) to introduce you to staff and explain available resources.
- Monitor twice-daily breathalyzer tests via SoberLink.
- Administer daily drug testing.
- Support employment/academic planning and transition.
- Meet with you weekly for individual case management sessions.
- Help you create a weekly schedule that addresses key life areas and supports recovery maintenance.
- Monitor progress during transition and communicate with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate educational development support and/or career coaching.
- Coordinate local clinical care, which may include intensive outpatient programming, therapy, psychiatry, etc.
- Coordinate wellness services, which may include acupuncture, physical training, nutritionist, etc.
- Coordinate random drug and alcohol screening.
- Facilitate optional bi-weekly family meetings.
- Connect you to Caron Regional Services.
- If you relapse, you will be connected with your current provider and Caron’s treatment team members for an assessment.
- Help you manage and process triggers or negative emotions as they come up.
- Support you in identifying and developing personal strengths that support a recovery-positive lifestyle.
- Assist with short- and long-term goal setting.
- Help you resolve challenges to sobriety in your daily life.
- Accompany you, at your discretion, to daily activities that may be triggering or challenging.
Count on the expert, empathetic support of our recovery support team.
Our recovery support specialists are trained clinicians with extensive experience in recovery support programs.
Questions about how you can stay connected?
We have options.