Young Adults Program
Specialized treatment for substance use and mental health issues gives young adults a solid start on a bright new future.
At a Glance
An integrated treatment plan
addresses substance use and mental health for optimal outcomes.
living spaces and programs offer a confidential and safe place to concentrate on therapeutic work.
enables the whole family to recover and move forward in ways that lead to optimal emotional health for everyone.
Highlights of the Young Adult Program
Caron is a well-known expert in treating young adults and their families for addiction and related mental health issues. Whether it is a patient’s first time in treatment or they’ve tried another program, we’re here to support them and their family until they’re whole again. Our treatment plans include families and are designed to uncover the root causes of behaviors and the best approach for treating them.
Clinical excellence and uncompromising patient-centric care are the cornerstones of Caron’s core programming, which includes the Young Adults Program located on our Pennsylvania campus. With more than 60 years of treating substance use disorder and process addictions, Caron emphasizes Recovery for Life, providing the young adults we treat with lifetime support. We view substance use disorder as a chronic treatable brain disease that requires a long-term management plan.
Specialized Treatment for Young Adults
While the most common issues we deal with are substance use with anxiety, ADHD, trauma, and depression, our team of medical and mental health professionals can also help a young adult with these co-occurring conditions and behaviors:
- Anger issues.
- Body image issues.
- Family conflict/problems.
- Mood disorders.
- Self-injurious behaviors, including cutting.
- Sexual issues.
For Young Men
Caron’s specialized treatment teams help young men as they seek to find ways to develop a healthy masculine image. In gender-specific groups, they can relate to one another and feel supported to deal with issues related to:
- Cross addictions.
- Entitlement and narcissism.
- Anger management.
For Young Women
Many young women struggling with a substance use disorder have an elevated need for connection. At Caron, we give them a safe space to develop those connections as they address issues like:
- Anger, depression, and anxiety.
- Self-injurious behaviors.
- Body image.
Foundational Treatment Elements
Caron’s treatment program for young adults takes into account those specialized needs with these components:
- Thorough assessments of a patient’s physical and mental health and medical history to develop an individualized treatment plan.
- Detoxification at an on-site, state-of-the-art medical facility under the supervision of medical professionals.
- Core group and individual counseling as well as peer counseling.
- Evidence-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), cognitive processing therapy (CPT), and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) combined with 12-Step principles and recovery-based support groups.
- Screening, specialized counseling, and education for addiction interaction disorders, such as gambling, sex, or eating disorders.
- Attention to physical activity, including access to Caron’s on-site, fully equipped fitness center.
- Therapeutic activities, including physical activity and creative work.
- Introduction to 12-Step and recovery-based support groups both on campus and off-site.
- Relapse prevention skills.
Our expert, empathetic staff is dedicated to the young adults they treat.
Luke Stopper, CCS, MPA, CACD
Senior Clinical Director of Young Men’s Services and First Responders
Daniel A. Debiec, MA, CAADC, CSAT, LPC, CMAT
Clinical Supervisor – Young Adult Male Program
Erin Goodhart, CAADC, CSAT, CCS, LPC, CMAT, ACRPS, CPT Provider
Sr. Clinical Director of Women's Services
Extended treatment builds self-sufficiency and responsibility.
Caron Renaissance offers a long-term, clinically intensive model that enables young adults to “practice” a sober life with adult responsibilities before they take up their lives outside of treatment. Patients in the program are able to continue their treatment while participating in the Sober Dorm program.