Young Adult Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program
Specialized treatment for substance use and mental health issues gives young adults a solid start on a bright new future.
At a Glance
An integrated treatment plan
addresses substance use and mental health for optimal outcomes.
living spaces and programs offer a confidential and safe place to concentrate on therapeutic work.
enables the whole family to recover and move forward in ways that lead to optimal emotional health for everyone.
Highlights of the Young Adult Program
Caron is a well-known expert in treating young adults and their families for addiction and related mental health issues. Whether it is a patient’s first time in treatment or they’ve tried another program, we’re here to support them and their family until they’re whole again. Our treatment plans include families and are designed to uncover the root causes of behaviors and the best approach for treating them.
Clinical excellence and uncompromising patient-centric care are the cornerstones of Caron’s core programming, which includes the Young Adults Program located on our Pennsylvania campus. With more than 60 years of treating substance use disorder and process addictions, Caron emphasizes Recovery for Life, providing the young adults we treat with lifetime support. We view substance use disorder as a chronic treatable brain disease that requires a long-term management plan.
Specialized Treatment for Young Adults
While the most common issues we deal with are substance use with anxiety, ADHD, trauma, and depression, our team of medical and mental health professionals can also help a young adult with these co-occurring conditions and behaviors:
- Body image.
- Self-injurious behaviors.
For Young Men
The need to establish their own identity creates both problems and opportunities. Caron’s specialized treatment teams are prepared to help young men as they seek to find ways to develop a healthy masculine image.
For Young Women
Many young women struggling with a substance use disorder have an elevated need for connection. Being in a gender-specific program allows relationships to grow, risks to be taken, and therapeutic work to take place. In having a safe and private space in which they can share their stories honestly and openly with their peers, young women can begin to create a way forward to long-term health and healing.
Foundational Treatment Elements
Caron’s Young Adult Program incorporates a variety of treatment elements, including:
- Thorough assessments of a patient’s physical and mental health and medical history to develop an individualized treatment plan.
- Detoxification at an on-site, state-of-the-art medical facility under the supervision of medical professionals.
- Age- and gender-specific treatment unique to each patient’s level of emotional and personal development and under the care of an experienced team who understands the significant life changes and challenges their patients face.
- Core group and individual counseling.
- Evidence-based therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), cognitive processing therapy (CPT), EMDR, and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) combined with 12-Step principles and recovery-based support groups.
- Screening, specialized counseling, and education for addiction interaction disorders, such as gambling or sex.
- Attention to physical activity, including access to Caron’s on-site, fully equipped fitness center.
- Therapeutic activities, including physical activity and creative work.
Introduction to recovery support, including AA, NA, Recovery Dharma, SMART Recovery, and Celebrate Recovery.
- Relapse prevention skills.
Our expert, empathetic staff is dedicated to the young adults they treat.
Luke Stopper, CCS, MPA, CACD
Senior Clinical Director of Young Men’s Services and First Responders
Daniel A. Debiec, MA, CAADC, CSAT, LPC, CMAT
Clinical Supervisor – Young Adult Male Program
Erin Goodhart, CAADC, CSAT, CCS, LPC, CMAT, ACRPS, CPT Provider
Sr. Clinical Director of Women's Services
Extended treatment builds self-sufficiency and responsibility.
Caron Renaissance offers a long-term, clinically intensive model that enables young adults to “practice” a sober life with adult responsibilities before they take up their lives outside of treatment. Patients in the program are able to continue their treatment while participating in the Sober Dorm program.