Clinical excellence and uncompromising patient-centric care mark every component of Caron’s core programming, which includes the Young Adult Program. Our focus incorporates overall behavioral health into treatment for substance use disorder, ensuring attention to related issues that can undermine recovery.
Treatment Program Details
Caron is a well-known expert in treating young adults and their families for addiction. While the most common issues we deal with are substance use with anxiety, ADHD, trauma, or depression, our expert team also helps young adult with co-occurring conditions and behaviors, such as anger, interpersonal conflict and peer relationship challenges, family conflict, self-esteem, self-injurious behaviors, and mood disorders.
- Detox services, if needed, in a state-of-the art medical center staffed by full-time, experienced medical professionals
- Thorough psychosocial assessment that includes an evaluation of addiction and behavioral and mental health symptoms
- Personalized treatment plan including treatment of co-occurring disorders
Treatment and Therapies
- Gender-specific treatment to provide peer support and privacy
- Individual counseling
- Therapist-led groups to address key issues that block recovery
- Evidence-based modalities such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Specialty groups such as a track for those who identify as LGBTQIA+, body image, and music group
- Spiritual groups with individual spiritual counseling as clinically indicated
When families participate in drug and alcohol rehab, statistics show that patients have lower relapse rates. Caron’s family program for patients in the Young Adult Program and their family members includes education on substance use and mental health disorders, recovery programs, relapse, and guidance on healthy coping skills, effective boundaries, communication, and self-care.
Transitional Care as a Foundation for Life in Recovery
The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Caron's Pennsylvania campus employs Caron’s proven, evidence-based treatment modalities to help patients increase confidence and readiness for life in recovery.
- A personalized continuing care plan with tools and recommendations for recovery
- Alumni support activities
- Recovery support services for intensive, short-term recovery and reintegration guidance and assistance (Requires an additional cost)
- My Recovery Connection and Breakthrough at Caron (Requires an additional cost)
- Caron's outpatient treatment centers and regional recovery center for treatment and recovery support services
Specialties to Shape Your Treatment
Included as Clinically Needed
Health and Wellness Services
- Adventure-based counseling
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Nutrition counseling as clinically indicated
Our expert, empathetic staff is dedicated to the young adults they treat.
Erin Goodhart, LPC, CAADC, CMAT, CSAT, ACRPS, CCS, CPT Provider
Executive Director of Core Programming, Pennsylvania
Heather Hafer, MS, CAADC, CCS
Clinical Director, Women’s Programs and Partial Hospitalization Program
Reverend Zoë Hill, MDiv, BCC
Program Director of the Clinical Pastoral Education Program