Building physical and mental strength through fitness and nutrition contribute to a healthy recovery.
At a Glance
Dietitians and nutritionists provide
counseling, education, and consultation.
Accommodations for food
preferences, restrictions, and special diets can be made.
On-campus fitness and exercise
facilities are available.
Off-campus outdoor activities accompanied by staff
restore and renew mind, body, and spirit.
Highlights of Physical Wellness
Recovery encompasses care and attention to the whole person—mind, body, and spirit. Fitness and nutrition are critical components of achieving physical health and supporting balanced emotional health.
Nutrition Education and Counseling at Caron
During treatment, many patients may discover they have disordered eating habits and body image issues. Counseling and guidance are necessary for their treatment and recovery process. Because nutrition is critical to physical and mental health, educating patients about proper diet and nutrition is a part of our treatment plans.
Caron Pennsylvania's Signature Programs, Caron Renaissance, and the Caron Florida Mental Health Program have group and individual nutrition sessions as clinically indicated.
Caron Ocean Drive holds individual sessions for patients with a nutritionist and/or medical professional on staff.
Nourishing Treatment with Healthy Meals
Caron accommodates each patient’s dietary needs including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free diets. Additionally, we accommodate personal needs/restrictions associated with food allergies or health issues, food addictions, eating disorders, or specific religious guidelines.
- Caron Pennsylvania and Caron Florida: Our culinary teams serve up an impressive array of delicious, healthy dishes for each meal in our dining rooms.
- Caron Ocean Drive: On-site executive chefs nurture physical recovery with nutritious, exquisite meals. Patients are offered one-on-one meetings with the chef to discuss their specific dietary needs and meal preferences.
- Caron Renaissance: In a community living atmosphere, patients learn and practice valuable life skills like meal planning and preparation, which helps to increase their confidence and independence for post-treatment life.
Regular physical activity has been shown to reduce stress and diminish cravings by altering brain chemistry and improve symptoms of depression. Our campuses offer a variety of fitness and wellness services to help restore a healthy balance of body, mind, and spirit.
Caron Florida at the Keele Center
- Access to an on-site fitness center and outdoor pool and personal training sessions
- Physical therapy and massage therapy to manage pain
- Meditation and yoga
- Fitness and wellness specialists who consult with patients on meeting wellness goals, exercising to decrease physical discomfort of early recovery, and managing chronic pain
- A state-of-the-art fitness center with a full-sized gymnasium, weight training, and exercise studio staffed by experienced instructors
- Indoor challenge course for adventure-based counseling
- Yoga led by certified, registered instructors
Physical wellness staff is dedicated to patients' health and well being.
Nate Mannino, BS, CADC, CPT, SCS, CES
Director of Fitness, Wellness, Recreation and Chronic Pain Specialist
Molly Kauffman, CPT, CAAC, C-IAYT, RYT, AYS, YOR®
Fitness and Wellness Specialist / Certified Yoga Therapist