Caron’s transformative relapse programs target the core issues and thinking patterns that lead to relapse and guide you in developing strategies to change them. By building on the knowledge you learned in treatment and in recovery, you will leave the program better equipped to sustain long-term recovery.
Treatment Program Details
Unlike educational prevention programs, our relapse programs offer in-depth therapy using proven, evidence-based therapeutic methods and a positive peer culture.
- Highly credentialed behavioral health therapists
- Licensed psychologists available as clinically indicated
- Thorough assessments for substance use disorder and mental health to understand what has and has not worked for you in the past
- Complete medical history
- Individual and group therapy designed to change distorted thinking patterns and identify core beliefs and barriers that block recovery
- Mindfulness education, which can help you sustain your recovery
- Treatment for other compulsive behaviors, which can contribute to relapse
The Men's Relapse Program focuses on key themes specifically as they apply to concepts of trust, safety, and vulnerability in relation to self-reliance and pride in self-image.
The Women's Relapse Program focuses on key themes that many women experience in relapse such as trauma, shame, guilt, and fear surrounding their ability to be “good enough” in the roles (daughter, spouse, etc.) they fulfill.
- Family program focused on supporting and helping family members to process the feelings relapse can bring up and education to better understand relapse and how to support their loved one and themselves
- Age-specific education and counseling for children ages 7-11 and 12-17 through the Youth Education Youth Education Program
- A personalized continuing care plan to support you in sustaining long-term recovery
- The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Caron's Pennsylvania campus for continuing treatment with the flexibility to go off campus for work, school, recovery meetings, and social activities
- Alumni support activities
- Recovery support services for intensive, short-term recovery and reintegration guidance and assistance (Requires an additional cost)
- My Recovery Connection and Breakthrough at Caron (Requires an additional cost)
- Caron's outpatient treatment centers and regional recovery center for treatment and recovery support services.
Our gender-specific relapse programs are designed to accommodate the neurobiological differences between men and women that impact how they process, communicate, learn, and express emotion. It also addresses societally assigned gender roles and other factors that require specific treatment.
In a gender-specific program, you have the privacy and emotional safety you need to be vulnerable and honest with peers. You also benefit from deeper emotional connection and fewer distractions so you can fully concentrate on treatment.
An expert, experienced relapse treatment team is dedicated to your recovery.
Erin Goodhart, LPC, CAADC, CMAT, CSAT, ACRPS, CCS, CPT Provider
Executive Director of Core Programming, Pennsylvania
Heather Hafer, MS, CAADC, CCS
Clinical Director, Women’s Programs and Partial Hospitalization Program