Intensive treatment addresses issues that can lead to relapse.
At a Glance
A flexible, tailored program
addresses relapse behaviors and underlying factors that contribute to the addictive process.
accommodate neurobiological differences and societally assigned roles.
is incorporated into the program.
Dedicated behavioral health professionals with decades of relapse experience
make up the treatment team.
Highlights of the Relapse Program
Choosing a relapse program that builds upon the knowledge you have learned previously in treatment and/or sustained recovery efforts, while processing the current relapse circumstances that allow you to make positive changes, can be transformative.
Unlike educational prevention programs, our relapse programs offer in-depth therapy. Our clinicians rely on proven, evidence-based methods such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), recovery support group integration, motivational interviewing (MI), mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR), and positive peer culture.
With separate programs for men and women, you have an emotionally safe environment to identify and unpack the underlying causes and topics impeding your wellness.
Core Elements of Our Relapse Treatment
- Thorough assessments for substance use disorder and mental health, psychological testing, and a complete medical history provide information about your needs, including what has and has not worked for you in the past.
- Individual and group therapy designed to change distorted thinking patterns and identify core beliefs and barriers blocking recovery.
- Mindfulness education, which research shows can provide significant benefits that aid in sustaining recovery.
- Treatment for addiction interaction disorders, which can result in relapse when not identified and treated.
- An aftercare plan tailored to your needs and level of support required to sustain long-term recovery.
Listen to Lauren's Story
Benefits of Gender-Specific Treatment
Our gender-specific relapse programs are designed to accommodate the neurobiological differences between men and women that impact how they process, communicate, learn, and express emotion. It also addresses societally assigned gender roles and other factors that require specific treatment. In separate programs, men and women have the privacy and emotional safety they need to be vulnerable and honest with peers. They benefit from deeper emotional connection, fewer distractions, and the ability to examine issues related to other compulsive behaviors (such as work, sex, money, gambling, food, and shopping).
- Men’s Relapse Program focuses on key themes specifically as they apply to concepts of trust, safety, and vulnerability in relation to self-reliance and pride in self-image. This stand-alone program is located in the Villa.
- Women’s Relapse Program specifically focuses on key themes that many women experience in relapse such as trauma, shame, guilt, and fear surrounding their ability to be “good enough” in the roles (daughter, spouse, etc.) they fulfill. The women's programs all take place in the Chen See building.
Why Multiple Treatment Attempts Aren't Working
Family Treatment for Essential Healing
Most family members have been through the treatment process before. While they may understand how addiction works, they may still have difficulty processing new or resurfaced feelings. Families need support and expert help dealing with the frustration, fear, apathy, and other emotions that their loved one’s relapse may bring up. They also need to understand how relapse is quite different from beginning a primary program and how they can successfully support their loved one and themselves. Program staff acknowledges and helps family members process those feelings and experiences in a family therapy session.
For children and teens, Caron offers a specialized virtual education and counseling through our Satell Family and Teens Program.
Our behavioral health team is dedicated to your individual care.
Erin Goodhart, LPC, CAADC, CMAT, CSAT, ACRPS, CCS, CPT Provider
Executive Director of Core Programming, Pennsylvania
Christopher Owsiany, MA, CADC, CCS
Clinical Director of Men’s Program & Opioid Treatment Programming
Caron's support doesn't end when your treatment does.
We'll be there as you build a life in recovery. Before you leave treatment, your treatment team puts together an aftercare plan tailored to your needs and the level of support you require to sustain long-term recovery. Whether it includes monitoring services, more intensive recovery support group integration, medication-assisted treatment, extended therapy, or a combination of services, we make sure you have the support and services you need to maintain your recovery. Our alumni support activities offer support and guidance for a full year after discharge.
Optional programs are available to support life in recovery.
- Caron’s Breakthrough Program for Individuals is designed to address patterns and issues, including self-esteem, that often get in the way of being able to meet interpersonal and relationship goals.
- My Recovery Connection Program offers guidance, coaching, support, and accountability designed to help you navigate the path of early recovery with support provided for your family members as well.
- Caron offers outpatient treatment in Atlanta, Wyomissing, Pa., Philadelphia, and Greater Washington, D.C. as well as recovery support services at our recovery centers in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Just as daily life evolves, so can triggers and new obstacles to overcome. Caron helps patients, alum and families navigate 'life after treatment' through the ups and downs of managing the disease of addiction."
Let’s talk about your specific needs.
Give us a call.Contact now.
Start a conversation.
Fill out an online form.Submit an inquiry.
We're one call away.
Breakthrough at Caron