Intensive treatment addresses issues that can lead to relapse.
At a Glance
A flexible, tailored program
addresses relapse behaviors and underlying factors that contribute to the addictive process.
accommodate neurobiological differences and societally assigned roles.
Dedicated behavioral health professionals
target the core issues that lead to relapse.
Highlights of the Relapse Program
Caron’s transformative relapse programs target the core issues and thinking patterns that lead to relapse and guides you in developing strategies to change them. builds upon the knowledge you learned in treatment and in recovery. Unlike educational prevention programs, our relapse programs offer in-depth therapy using proven, evidence-based therapeutic methods and a positive peer culture.
By building on the knowledge you learned in treatment and in recovery, you will leave the program better equipped to sustain long-term recovery.
- Highly credentialed behavioral health therapists
- Licensed psychologists available as clinically indicated
- Thorough assessments for substance use disorder and mental health to understand what has and has not worked for you in the past
- Complete medical history
- Individual and group therapy designed to change distorted thinking patterns and identify core beliefs and barriers that block recovery
- Mindfulness education, which can help you sustain your recovery
- Treatment for other compulsive behaviors, which can contribute to relapse
Listen to Lauren's Story
Benefits of Gender-Specific Treatment
Our gender-specific relapse programs are designed to accommodate the neurobiological differences between men and women that impact how they process, communicate, learn, and express emotion. It also addresses societally assigned gender roles and other factors that require specific treatment.
In a gender-specific program, you have the privacy and emotional safety you need to be vulnerable and honest with peers. You also benefit from deeper emotional connection and fewer distractions so you can fully concentrate on treatment.
- Men’s Relapse Program focuses on key themes specifically as they apply to concepts of trust, safety, and vulnerability in relation to self-reliance and pride in self-image.
- Women’s Relapse Program focuses on key themes that many women experience in relapse such as trauma, shame, guilt, and fear surrounding their ability to be “good enough” in the roles (daughter, spouse, etc.) they fulfill.
- Family program with a focus on support and help to process the feelings a family member’s relapse can bring up and education to better understand relapse and how to support their loved one and themselves
- Age-specific education and counseling for children ages 7-11 and 12-15 through the Satell Family Children and Teens Program
"To me, having a program specifically designed for those who have made attempts at sobriety and may be at a different point on their journey to recovery, was amazing. It was the shared struggles, the wisdom in the room, and the targeted therapies that made the difference. And more personally for me, the safety and culture of the unit made the difference.”
"I arrived at Caron full of shame and humiliation following a relapse after long-term sobriety. I left full of hope, support, and a plan for my recovery. I am forever grateful to the experienced clinicians and staff at Caron.”
"Just as daily life evolves, so can triggers and new obstacles to overcome. Caron helps patients, alum and families navigate 'life after treatment' through the ups and downs of managing the disease of addiction."
An expert, experienced relapse treatment team is dedicated to your recovery.
Erin Goodhart, LPC, CAADC, CMAT, CSAT, ACRPS, CCS, CPT Provider
Executive Director of Core Programming, Pennsylvania
Christopher Owsiany, MA, CADC, CCS
Clinical Director, Men’s Program & Partial Hospitalization Program
- A personalized continuing care plan with tools and recommendations for recovery
- The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Caron Pennsylvania
- Alumni support activities
- My Recovery Connection Program and the Breakthrough Program
- Caron's outpatient treatment centers and regional recovery centers