Caron Renaissance in Florida
We take patients from unhealthy dependence to interdependence, from broken relationships to healthy ones, from blame to responsibility.
At a Glance
Quality evidence-based treatment
Is available for a primary diagnosis in mental health and/or substance use disorder (state licensed through AHCA and DCF).
Customized length of stay
builds a foundation for successful recovery.
Robust track for professionals
allows them to stay engaged with work.
Career and academic support
focuses on goal creation and achievement.
treats internet and video game use disorder.
Treatment and services
focus on developing self-sufficiency.
Integrated, comprehensive family treatment
restores relationships and health.
Extensive network of post-treatment supports
reinforces a healthy, interdependent life in recovery.
Highlights of Caron Renaissance
Caron Renaissance, located on our Florida campus in Boca Raton, helps individuals and their families heal from the effects of addiction and make lasting changes to build healthier relationships and support lifelong recovery. Our full-time experts use a trauma-informed, family systems approach within an interdisciplinary model of treatment for substance use disorder and/or mental health.
Who We Treat
- People who are struggling with more than just substance use or who need a more comprehensive treatment approach. When treatment fails, many people believe that they are incapable of a life in recovery. Yet our alumni can attest, treatment is possible—even after multiple relapses. Our intensive, multifaceted approach offers hope.
- Successful professionals whose relationships are unraveling due to substance use disorder or process addictions. Caron Renaissance gets beyond superficial behaviors to address the deeper issues, enabling transformational change.
- Adults and young adults who have not yet achieved the typical markers of the transition to successful adulthood, such as graduating from college, becoming financially independent, and maintaining stable relationships. With our expert support, they learn what it means to be self-sufficient and confident.
- Family members so that the whole family can achieve healthy, functioning relationships. We fully believe that “the patient is the family and the family is the patient.” The family is wholly integrated into the treatment process.
We fully believe that the patient is the family and the family is the patient.
Clinical, medical, psychological, spiritual, vocational, and educational (if indicated) assessments address each patient’s needs, from pre-admission and detoxification through treatment and aftercare. Proven treatment methods for intensive individual, group, and family therapy are chosen to meet each patient’s treatment goals and those of their family.
Therapies and Services
- Comprehensive diagnostic assessments
- Integrated screenings with brain mapping and psychological testing
- LGBTQIA+ inclusive services
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Mental and physical wellness activities and holistic therapies
- Pharmacogenomics (a genetic testing technique to determine the most effective medication with the fewest side effects to be prescribed)
- Psychological and neuropsychological testing
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Psychopharmacology (the use of medications in treating mental disorders)
- Spiritual counseling sessions are also offered as an option for individual sessions with a faith leader the patient chooses—rabbi, priest, minister, or other spiritual guide. We make accommodations for any faith-based needs our patients have, such as keeping kosher or special dietary needs.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive processing therapy (CPT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) informed treatment
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Integrative trauma treatment
- Narrative trauma therapy
- Polyvagal theory
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT)
- Psychodrama and more evidence-based modalities
Family Support and Treatment
Caron Renaissance recognizes the impact of addiction on both the individual and the family. Because we fully believe that “the patient is the family and the family is the patient,” the family is wholly integrated into the treatment process. As a result, they learn ways to achieve healthy relationships. Caron Renaissance’s clinical team consults family members to help them decide on a combination of services that will provide the best treatment for their specific needs.
The Family Transformation
Career and Coaching
- Career Services Program supports patients in setting employment and career objectives and finding employment, including help with determining the kinds of jobs supportive of recovery, creating a resume, and interview practice.
- Executive Coaching enables patients who are considering life transitions to explore new interests, reignite their passions, and/or evaluate new business opportunities with the help and support of coaching experts. With expert help before they leave treatment, we help patients prepare for their life in recovery.
- Professionals Track allows those building their careers—from family business and mid-level professionals to doctoral and graduate students—to benefit from Caron Renaissance’s clinically intensive, individualized, rigorous treatment approach without risking their professional success.
Student Success Programming
Our programs for young adults (ages 18+) provide critical educational services and therapeutic support that teaches them how to achieve their academic goals and manage obstacles.
- The College Success Program helps patients develop an educational plan tailored to their goals and get accepted into a structured higher education program or continue their higher education.
- The Sober Dorm Program provides a dorm on the Caron Renaissance campus so students (ages 18+) can take part in transitional living in a safe, collegiate recovery environment while pursuing their academic goals.
Caron Renaissance Leadership
Our interdisciplinary team develops tailored treatment plans and addresses mental health and co-occurring disorders, like depression, anxiety, or trauma.Meet Our Team
Dr. Phoenix Adams, DSW, MBA, LCSW
Senior Vice President of Signature Programming
Florida (Ocean Drive), Florida (Renaissance), Pennsylvania
Dr. Anthony Campo, MD, FASAM, FAPA
Florida Medical Director
Florida (Ocean Drive), Florida (Renaissance)
Treatment will end. Our support for your life in recovery does not.
Aftercare services provide extensive support for patients to use as needed, beginning with their primary/family therapist who works with them to develop an accountability and support plan. Group and individual therapy and peer-led support groups, as well as other services, can be incorporated into the plan as well as access to qualified therapists and programs around the world. Caron Renaissance patients can also access our medical staff as needed.
Our aftercare services support families too, as they address individual and family system concerns, from healthy communication to keeping boundaries.