Addiction Medicine Fellowship
Learn from highly-credentialed, multidisciplinary teams in addiction medicine with unparalleled expertise in medical and behavioral health.
Highlights of the Fellowship Program
The Addiction Medicine Fellowship at Caron Treatment Centers and Tower Health System's Reading Hospital offers rigorous advanced training in addiction medicine for physicians. Fellows learn innovative, evidence-based treatment modalities and therapies from renowned physician experts known for their extensive knowledge of and practice in the field of addiction medicine. Learning takes place in a multidisciplinary, multi-modal and multi-phasic setting at both Caron Pennsylvania and Reading Hospital.
The Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program has earned accreditation with commendation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), signifying its caliber of meeting the “gold standard” in physician education in addiction medicine. It is a pathway to addiction medicine board certification. As a result, patients can have utmost confidence in the ability and sophistication of their physicians’ ability to meet the highest standards of practice and clinical knowledge
Caron Treatment Centers is a leading behavioral health provider with a 60-year history of specializing in substance use and co-occurring disorders. Tower Health System’s Reading Hospital, a nationally recognized training hospital, received Pennsylvania’s prestigious Centers of Excellence Award.
- Eligibility to sit for the Addiction Medicine Exam.
- 40 hours of CME credits in addiction medicine and an exam review course.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
Caron Treatment Centers
- Residential behavioral health units.
- Inpatient detoxification and withdrawal management.
- Addiction medicine elective.
- Outpatient substance disorder clinic through the Department of Family Medicine.
- Outpatient medication-assisted treatment clinic.
- Consult service.
- Emergency medicine.