If you are struggling with a mental health condition, we offer holistic, evidence-based, supportive therapies and life skill tools to manage symptoms, regain your enthusiasm, and live the life you envision. For over 65 years, Caron Treatment Centers has treated individuals with co-occurring disorders and mental health issues.
Who We Treat
Caron’s program treats young adults and adults who are dealing with:
- Anger management
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Bipolar disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Dual diagnosis
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Personality disorders
- Thought disorders
- Mood disorders
Treatment Program Details
The Caron difference has always been the delivery of a person-centered integrative model of care bringing together expertise, cutting-edge research, and available science from the fields of neuroscience, psychiatry, psychopharmacology, and psychology.
With a longer length of stay, patients are able to wholly engage in the therapies and education that will help them manage their mental health issues. The program is small —10 patients or fewer — in order to build a supportive community in which patients share their experiences and strengths to help themselves and each other.
Assessments to ensure that the program is the best fit for patients include:
- Psychological and neuropsychological screening
- Brain mapping
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Medical history
- Clinical history
- Lab tests
- Pharmacogenomic testing (how genes affect a person's response to drugs) may be recommended
- Individual and group therapy address the impact of mental health disorders on the whole person as well as their intimate relationships. Therapies may include cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), EMDR, and other evidence-based therapies as needed
- Specialty groups address topics such as mindfulness, somatic experiences, and behavior, identity, and orientation pertaining to human sexuality (BIO model).
- Complementary therapies allow patients to explore and embody change in art, music, yoga, and other similar activities
- Additional psychological assessment services administered by a licensed psychologist may also be recommended as needed. They are not included in the cost of treatment
- Neurocognitive services, such as alpha-stim electrotherapy, are included in a patient’s treatment plan as indicated and may include alpha-stim electrotherapy
- Spiritual counseling sessions can be with a faith leader of the patient’s choice
- Life skills training includes strengths-based experiential training to build emotional intelligence, critical thinking, and communication skills, among others
Family Support and Strengthening
Core to Caron’s treatment philosophy, family therapy is embedded into each patient’s plan.
- Family therapists identify and address relationship and environmental factors affecting family functioning
- Weekly family planning and therapy sessions are designed to promote the highest possible positive outcomes for the patient and the family as a whole
- Optional clinical impact visits allow family members to visit the patient and include in-person family therapy sessions
In consultation with the patient and family, the clinical team creates a continuing care plan that includes recommendations for:
- Outpatient programs
- Medication management
- Therapeutic support
- Community support/recovery groups
- Case management
- Vocational/academic support
Living Quarters and Amenities
Treatment takes place at The Keele Center, a state-of-the-art facility with medical services, detox, treatment, programming, dining, and amenities. The Center is staffed by full-time, on-site medical experts as well as mental health addiction treatment experts.
Patients live off-site in two-bedroom apartments with a shared kitchen and lounge area and private bedrooms and bathrooms. They take care of daily living activities such as grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning. Mental health assistants provide 24/7 support at the residences.
Our full-time interdisciplinary, trauma-informed team is highly credentialed and experienced.
Dr. Phoenix Adams, DSW, MBA, LCSW, GC-C
Executive Vice President, Florida Programming
Florida (Ocean Drive), Florida (Renaissance)