Our Nonprofit 501c3 Status
A reflection of our unwavering commitment to reinvesting in quality
Caron Treatment Centers is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit addiction treatment centers in the United States. Our 501(c)(3) designation as a charitable organization by the IRS signifies that we exist solely to meet the needs of the community — not to make a profit — and we uphold a strong moral code of ethics and integrity.
As a nonprofit, Caron carefully reinvests any profit it generates from programs and services to improve quality of care, treatment programs and services, education and training, research, and community services. We constantly evolve and reinvest in:
- Maintaining the highest clinical quality, through training in evidence-based modalities by the best in the industry.
- State-of-the-art facilities to support medically complex needs of patients in Caron’s programs such as Older Adult and/or Opioid Treatment as well as neurofeedback, detox, and other specialties.
- Recruitment and development of expertise of staff, such as addiction medicine doctors who are also double- or triple- board certified in cardiology, anesthesiology, and other disciplines.
- Research that contributes to innovative, effective treatments and practices.
- Financial assistance for those qualify.
Our nonprofit status inherently holds Caron to a higher level of responsibility that drives our operations, thought leadership, and fiscal management. To earn and maintain a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status, organizations are stringently regulated by the IRS. We believe this distinction clearly reflects our commitment to the patients and families we serve as well as the donors who support our mission to transform lives impacted by drug and alcohol addiction through proven, evidence-based, comprehensive, and personalized behavioral healthcare.