Men's Program for Addiction Treatment
By breaking down norms that may block the way forward, you can rebuild authentic strength to support your life in recovery.
At a Glance
A supportive environment
encourages trust and vulnerability.
guides you in developing healthy relationship skills and sober supports.
Gender-specific living and treatment
opens a safe space to process your treatment experience with peers.
A stand-alone relapse program
treats the core issues that lead to relapse.
Highlights of the Men's Program
Societal expectations and stereotypes can make it difficult for men to live authentic lives and ask for help when they need it. Living up to societal or internal expectations can easily lead to substance use, mental health problems, or other addictive behaviors.
Caron Pennsylvania offers you that support, along with expert treatment for substance use disorder. Through our Men's Program, you can build the true strength that comes through vulnerability and relationships.
With more than 65 years treating substance use disorder and process addictions, Caron emphasizes Recovery For Life and provides you with lifetime support. We view substance use disorder as a chronic treatable brain disease that requires a long-term management plan.
Foundational Treatment Elements
Your treatment plan will include:
- A thorough assessment so our experts can develop recommendations for customized treatment to meet your specific needs, including treating co-occurring disorders.
- Detox, if needed, under the supervision of an experienced and caring medical team in our state-of-the-art medical building.
Personalized treatment specific to your needs.
- Gender-specific treatment opens a safe space for you to learn how to process dynamics associated with addiction and recovery.
- Using evidence-based techniques, counselor-led groups address the key issues you face and how to implement healthy lifestyle changes.
- Based on your clinical assessment, you have access to groups that address trauma, depression, anxiety, other compulsive behaviors, parenting, chronic pain, relapse, and grief and loss, among others. Other specialty groups are identity-based, such as legal professionals and LGBTQIA+.
- Designed specifically for men, trauma treatment utilizes an evidence-based, phased approach to treating post-traumatic stress symptoms to support sustained recovery.
- Attention to spiritual needs and fitness activities that renew and refresh body and soul are all a part of Caron’s treatment plans. A registered dietitian can provide counseling to help you with healthy eating.
Relational education and support for you and your family.
- With support and guidance for developing your spiritual understanding, you learn what is needed to enable better relationships with your family and create a community of support for your life in recovery.
- Educational sessions equip you for post-treatment life with information on how addiction works, what relapse looks like and how to prevent it, and the role that mental health plays in addiction.
Multidisciplinary professionals leading men's treatment
Kate Appleman, MA, LPC, CAADC, CSAT, CCS
Senior Director, Clinical Practice and Professional Development
Christopher Owsiany, MA, CADC, CCS
Clinical Director of Men’s Program & Opioid Treatment Programming
Continuing Care & Ongoing Recovery Support
Your treatment team puts together a continuing care plan designed for your needs and life situation, ensuring you have the support and tools needed to sustain recovery when you leave Caron.
- My Recovery Connection and the Breakthrough Program also offer support for your life in recovery.
- Caron offers outpatient treatment in Atlanta, Wyomissing, Pa., Philadelphia, and Greater Washington, D.C. as well as recovery support services at our recovery centers in New York City and Washington, D.C.
Caron's Approach to Relapse Treatment
As the only stand-alone residential program specifically for relapse in the country, our Men's Relapse Program gives you the space and expertise to work on the core issues and destructive thinking patterns that lead to relapse and develop strategies to change them. The treatment team will work with you and your family to create an integrated treatment plan based on your specific circumstances and history.
By treating relapse as a symptom of a chronic disease, focusing on each patient’s core physical and mental health needs, and providing time for comprehensive, in-depth treatment, Caron gets better outcomes for our patients. In an independent study, 2019 insurance data shows that Caron’s 90-day readmission rate of 5.6% is two times better than our nearest competitor.