Clinical excellence and uncompromising patient-centric care mark every component of Caron’s core programming, which includes the Women’s Program. Our focus incorporates overall behavioral health into treatment for substance use disorder, ensuring attention to related issues that can undermine recovery.
Treatment Program Details
In the privacy of a women-only program, you can process the issues associated with substance use disorder, including guilt, anxiety, and body image, and learn the tools and skills, from healthy communication skills and validation to mindfulness and yoga, that can help you build a healthy, resilient recovery.
- Detox services, if needed, in a state-of-the art medical center staffed by full-time, experienced medical professionals
- Thorough psychosocial assessment that includes an evaluation of addiction and behavioral and mental health symptoms
- Personalized treatment plan including treatment of co-occurring disorders
Treatment and Therapies
- Gender-specific treatment to provide peer support and privacy
- Individual counseling
- Therapist-led groups to address key issues that block recovery
- Evidence-based modalities such as dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) and mindfulness-based stress reduction
- Specialty groups to address trauma, anxiety, parenting, relationships, adult children of alcoholics, chronic pain, relapse, and grief and loss, among others
- Spiritual groups with individual spiritual counseling as clinically indicated
- A family program with education on substance use and mental health disorders, recovery programs, relapse, and guidance on healthy coping skills, effective boundaries, communication, and self-care
- Age-specific education and counseling for children ages 7-11 and 12-15 through the Youth Education Program
Transitional Care as a Foundation for Life in Recovery
- The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Caron's Pennsylvania campus employs Caron’s proven, evidence-based treatment modalities to help patients increase confidence and readiness for life in recovery.
- A personalized continuing care plan with tools and recommendations for recovery
- Alumni support activities
- Recovery support services for intensive, short-term recovery and reintegration guidance and assistance (Requires an additional cost)
- My Recovery Connection and Breakthrough at Caron (Requires an additional cost)
- Caron's outpatient treatment centers and regional recovery center for treatment and recovery support services.
Relapse Treatment to Meet Women’s Needs
Caron’s transformative relapse treatment designed for women focuses on key themes, including the shame, guilt, and fear many women feel about their ability to be “good enough.” Trauma may also be a factor in relapse. With expert support, women are able to delve into the feelings and experiences that have kept them from a healthy, sustainable recovery.
Specialties to Shape Your Treatment
Included as Clinically Needed
Health and Wellness Services
- State-of-the-art fitness center
- Nutrition counseling as clinically indicated
Our experienced professionals understand women's needs.
Erin Goodhart, LPC, CAADC, CMAT, CSAT, ACRPS, CCS, CPT Provider
Executive Director of Core Programming, Pennsylvania
Heather Hafer, MS, CAADC, CCS
Clinical Director, Women’s Programs and Partial Hospitalization Program