Chronic Pain and Addiction Treatment Rehab Program
When pain and substance use keep you from living your life, turn to Caron to treat the dependence and relieve the pain.
At A Glance
Initial and ongoing assessments
monitor your pain and determine if treatment is working.
help alleviate your pain.
On-site physical therapy
improves your flexibility and strength and reduces pain.
allow you to participate fully in your treatment.
Highlights of the Chronic Pain and Addiction Treatment Program
We know the toll chronic pain can take on your life. Approximately 116 million Americans suffer from chronic or recurrent pain, and, depending on a variety of factors, as many as 40% of those may become addicted to the medication prescribed to treat it. Not surprisingly, many also experience depression and anxiety.
Caron specialists credentialed in addiction medicine, family medicine, head and neck surgery, and integrative holistic medicine work together to address your chronic pain while treating substance use disorder. Clinical excellence and uncompromising patient-centric care mark every component of Caron’s chronic pain treatment.
A thorough assessment, including medical history, to identify your needs, including treatment for chronic pain
- Use of the Brief Pain Inventory to determine your pain level, re-administered every three weeks to monitor pain levels
- Detoxification if needed at Caron’s state-of-the-art medical center
- Medication management, as needed
- Mobility accommodations, as needed
Treatments and Therapies
- Individual and group therapy
- Education about pain and addiction
- Spiritual counseling
- Holistic therapies, including massage and acupuncture
- Alpha-Stim therapy to relieve pain
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) to treat pain, as clinically indicated
- Weekly Chronic Pain Anonymous 12-Step support meetings
Health and Wellness Services
- Family program with education on substance use and mental health disorders, recovery programs, relapse, and guidance on healthy coping skills, effective boundaries, communication, and self-care
- Age-specific education and counseling for children ages 7-11 and 12-15 through the Satell Family Children and Teens Program
Our chronic pain team brings extensive expertise to your treatment.
Nate Mannino, BS, CADC, CPT, SCS, CES
Director of Fitness, Wellness, Recreation and Chronic Pain Specialist
Molly Kauffman, CPT, CAAC, C-IAYT, RYT, AYS, YOR®
Fitness and Wellness Specialist / Certified Yoga Therapist
- A personalized continuing care plan with referrals to practitioners who specialize in therapies that were effective for you during your treatment, such as acupuncture and massage
- The Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) at Caron Pennsylvania
- Alumni support activities
- My Recovery Connection and the Breakthrough Program
- Caron's outpatient treatment centers and regional recovery centers
Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our patients. For more information about our services, contact us today.