Your Individualized Care
Addiction in older adults is one of America’s fastest growing health issues. Today, 2.5 million older adults have an alcohol or drug problem. Widowers over the age of 75 have the highest rate of alcoholism in the U.S., and older adults are hospitalized as often for alcohol-related problems as they are for heart attacks. Nevertheless, addiction in older adults can be difficult to detect, as warning signs mimic insomnia, forgetfulness and other common age-related health issues.
10,000 people turn 65 each day. We offer rehab just for them.
The leading provider of proven, comprehensive, personalized behavioral health care and addiction rehab for older adults, Caron is a dignifying place where older adults can embrace change; experience real transformation; and, in some cases, reverse the effects of dementia and memory loss.
Your Individualized Care
Each older adult patient at Caron is assigned a multidisciplinary treatment team, made up of experienced, dedicated professionals such as:
- licensed psychologists and psychiatrists
- certified and master-level addiction counselors
- American Board of Addiction Medicine -certified medical doctors
- certified nutritionists
- physical therapists and health and wellness experts
- spiritual leaders
The team will initially perform several different evaluations of the patient and his or her family to evaluate health status, diagnose substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Significant medical issues—like chronic pain, diabetes or cardiac problems—are taken into account in the patient’s individualized treatment plan. The team then designs an individual and integrated treatment plan, which is continuously monitored and updated according to the patient’s progress.
Older adults stay in rehab for varying lengths of time. It’s important to keep an open mind regarding length of stay, as our ultimate goal is to help each person make a full recovery—mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. Learn more about evaluations and treatment plans.
Elements of Rehab for Older Adults
Unique components and benefits of our addiction rehab program for older adults include:
- A supportive, non-confrontational approach. Older adults struggling with addiction deserve to be respected. While we continually challenge our patients to achieve and maintain the recovery they need and deserve, we do this with respect and support.
- Adjustment to each individual’s abilities.
We accommodate mobility issues, emotional blocks, cognitive abilities and other factors.
- Quality of life and finding purpose is the goal.
We work with older adults to realize their best possible futures.
- Certified nurse assistants are on staff 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Back to Top