As part of our integrated behavioral healthcare approach to treatment, Caron's Renaissance facility in Florida provides a unique longer-term care model.
For some, this approach is most effective. This model combines treatment, support, and an independent living experience with options to engage in therapeutic
vocational programs and services, as well as collegiate recovery services.
The longer-term model allows us to use cutting-edge treatment methods that address the many emotional, behavioral, and psychological components of addiction
and co-occurring psychiatric disorders. The longer-term treatment promotes an atmosphere of growth that addresses all forms of addictive behaviors and thinking,
such as over or undervaluing themselves and others, entitlement, and feeling others are responsible for their behavior, while teaching patients how to develop
and maintain healthy relationships with others.
While Caron's treatment philosophy centers around the fact that each person's treatment program is based on their specific needs, each patient at Caron Renaissance
will work with a multi-disciplinary team. The team effectively addresses all co-occurring disorders along the obsessive-compulsive spectrum, clinically assessing
each patient and then gradually challenging them to work outside their comfort zone, all within the safety of the treatment team and peer support. This works to
create an environment that:
- Promotes maturity and success for patients
- Fosters healthy peer interaction
- Challenges addictive behavior and thinking
- Allows patients to self-identify self-destructive behaviors in an atmosphere of support and concern
The goals of treatment at Caron Renaissance are to:
- Provide patients with a roadmap to recovery
- Engage patients in identifying the core issues that are holding them back from being successful in life
- Develop an outlook that is "interdependent" - consisting of honest and realistic views of their self-worth, accepting responsibility for their behaviors and developing strong personal integrity
- Create a healthy family system
The treatment structure and schedule at Caron Renaissance is comprehensive, intense, and well-coordinated. As patients progress in treatment and achieve milestones,
their schedule shifts away from intensive treatment activities and transitions towards experiencing real-life responsibilities in off-campus settings and as part of
the surrounding communities. This transition, while still a part of supervised treatment, is integral in preparing patients to return to society as productive
contributors. During this transition, patients may:
- Enter a vocational program in which they are assisted in finding jobs
- Work in-house educational consultants to pursue the possibility of enrolling in or returning to college
- Work toward earning a high school degree or GED
By treating the whole person – body, mind and spirit – we help adults reclaim their lives. Armed with new coping skills, the ongoing support of their peers,
and improved self-esteem, patients are prepared to embrace healthy, fulfilling lives.