Young Adult Female Program
At Caron we treat the whole individual - mentally, physically and spiritually. All of Caron’s programs are staffed by full-time professionals to ensure each patient receives an individualized treatment team, consisting of no less than a psychologist, addiction counselor, medical staff and pastoral care counselors. Patients partake in individual and group therapy, therapeutic activities, daily lectures and continue care planning. With this structure, each and every individual who comes to Caron for treatment is given the tools to help form a solid foundation for a life of recovery.
Young Adult Female Primary Care
Recognizing that young women have needs particular to their age and gender, Caron professionals are dedicated to the development of healthy young women through sobriety and feelings of well being. Often there is a stigma attached to a young woman’s addiction, creating a barrier to self-diagnosis and obtaining support for her recovery. Caron staff members, including a psychologist, addiction counselor(s), medical staff, and spiritual care counselors, work with this patient population to remove that stigma and help young women begin on the road to recovery in a safe, gender-separate and gender-specific environment.
Because a majority of young female patients experience other psychological/mental health issues in addition to addiction, assessments and treatment for both addiction and mental health concerns are provided.
Young female patients in primary treatment typically remain at Caron for 31 to 45 days. Treatment during that time period focuses on:
- Introduction to the 12-Step program, which is key to treatment at Caron
- Exposure to daily AA and NA meetings, both on campus and off-site
- Understanding the disease component of addiction through lectures and individual, group, and family counseling
- Basic relapse prevention skills
- Activities to foster community
- Developing plans for recovery and ongoing, continuing care
Patients also participate in process groups focusing on female-related issues. These groups provide a safe, understanding environment to address issues such as:
- Anger, depression, and anxiety
- Cutting & self-injurious behaviors
- Body image
Ongoing assessments are conducted during primary care for young adult women in order to develop an individualized continuing care plan for each patient. With a goal of offering every patient her best opportunity for a life of recovery, staff members work with patients and their families to determine the appropriate next level of care.
After a primary treatment stay, an appropriate referral to a young woman’s next level of care is made. Some young women may be recommended to continue their treatment within Caron’s continuum in Extended Care either on our main campus in Wernersville, PA or at Caron Renaissance in Boca Raton, FL.
Extended care, like primary treatment is gender-separate and gender-specific, with a goal to facilitate a gradual re-integration back into a patient’s family, social and work environment. Young women participate in therapeutic programming, centered around the 12-Steps, group and individual counseling sessions, as well as family sessions.
Do you or a loved one need help?
* Caron's entire young adult continuum of care is smoke-free. Statistics show that a person who is chemically dependent has a better chance at long-term recovery if they stop smoking. Patients who enter treatment addicted to nicotine will receive nicotine replacement therapy as part of Caron's tobacco cessation program.