Intensive treatment that allows you to maintain your professional focus
At a Glance
Use of cell phones and laptops
allows you to meet professional obligations, as clinically appropriate.
helps you define professional and personal goals while actively practicing a life in recovery.
A private bedroom
in a shared living area with a fellow Professionals Track patient offers space to meet personal and professional obligations and decompress.
Intensive therapeutic support
ensures you are ready to return to work as a person in recovery.
Highlights of Caron Florida's Professionals Track
With expert guidance and support from Caron Florida’s Professionals Track, you can address the issues that threaten to derail your personal life and professional success. As part of Caron Florida’s Renaissance Program, this track takes a clinically robust, rigorous treatment approach to help you clear your path to health and recovery and achieve your professional goals. A longer length of stay — eight to 12 weeks—allows for the time needed to identify and resolve the deeper issues underlying addiction and mental health, giving you an open way forward.
For more than 65 years, Caron has provided innovative, specialized, and effective addiction treatment and behavioral healthcare. Licensed to treat both addiction and mental health, Caron Florida provides integrated treatment that facilitates comprehensive, lasting changes to maintain a healthy recovery.
Who We Treat
The Professionals Track is designed to treat those who are building their careers and have already achieved some professional success, including family business and mid-level professionals as well as doctoral and graduate students. Engaging in treatment with peers from similar professional and educational backgrounds who have similar professional goals enables you to focus more fully on treatment.
- Integrated assessments with brain mapping, psychiatric evaluations, and psychological testing
- Pharmacogenomics (genetic testing to determine the most effective medication with the fewest side effects)
- Psychopharmacology (the use of medications in treating mental disorders)
- Individual therapy and group therapy, employing evidence-based therapies such as cognitive processing therapy (CPT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) informed treatment, and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Trauma treatment
- Holistic therapies such as mindfulness and yoga
- Experiential therapies such as psychodrama
- Spiritual counseling with a rabbi, priest, minister, or other spiritual guide
- Nutritional consultation
- Fitness and wellness resources
Specialized Career and Academic Support
- Support to enable you to meet your professional obligations, through the use of cell phones and laptops, as clinically appropriate
- A vocational therapist to help you define short- and long-term career goals, create a resume, and build interviewing skills
- Academic services from a licensed, master’s level therapist, including creating an academic success plan, assistance with college applications/essay reviews, determining if classroom accommodations and supports are needed, support for making decisions related to deferment or medical leave of absence, and testing to identify possible careers
- Planned weekly outings (dinner at a restaurant, for example) to help you to prepare for returning to your life and career as a person in recovery
- Assistance with completing Family and Medical Leave Act paperwork
Family Support and Treatment
Caron Florida recognizes the impact of addiction on both the individual and the family. At Caron, the family is wholly integrated into treatment, so that both the patient and family members can move forward into a healthy recovery. While family programming looks different for everyone, all plans include the following core elements:
- The Residential Family Program is designed to reset relationships and in turn strengthen family bonds. A family member lives with you so that you can work together to improve your relationship. The program provides the clinical team the opportunity to better understand the relationship, highlight concerns in real time, and address the issues fueling challenges in the relationship.
Family therapy supported by a dedicated family therapist with extensive experience in family systems treatment recalibrates the family system so that it is healthy and functions well for everyone.
- Family Workshop is a three-day program that includes individual, family, and group family therapy with highly trained individual and family therapists.
- Clinical impact visits, set up as clinically appropriate, allow visits from family members, professional colleagues, and friends so that they can participate in groups and/or family sessions with you.
Professionals Track Treatment Team
An interdisciplinary team provides personalized, intensive treatment and vocational services.
Dr. Phoenix Adams, DSW, MBA, LCSW, GC-C
Executive Vice President, Florida Programming
Florida (Ocean Drive), Florida (Renaissance)
Comprehensive aftercare support includes identifying needed support, such as therapists, psychiatrists, outpatient groups, intensive outpatient programs, recovery meetings, and local Caron alumni networks, as well as identifying recovery-supportive housing options if needed. Additional optional Caron recovery supports include:
- Recovery-Informed Executive Coaching Program with focused, individualized coaching to assist you in moving toward recovery-informed professional and personal goals
- My Recovery Connection offering structured, intensive guidance for setting up your life in recovery and maintaining a healthy recovery
- Breakthrough at Caron workshops to improve and maintain your emotional and mental health in recovery
- Caron outpatient treatment centers in Atlanta, Philadelphia, the Washington, DC metro area, and Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
- Recovery support services at our recovery centers in New York City and the Washington, D.C. metro area