What’s Involved in Treatment
Patients who have been identified as having a substance use disorder and chronic pain will be referred to one of Caron’s residential inpatient treatment programs for adults or older adults with access to chronic pain therapy.
Each patient will be assigned an individualized, multi-disciplinary treatment team who each has extensive experience managing and treating chronic pain in conjunction with one’s addiction. This team is comprised of professionals from several disciplines and backgrounds, including: medicine, psychology and psychiatry, addiction therapy, physical therapy, health and wellness, and spirituality.
An individualized treatment plan will be crafted specifically for you based on your pain and substance use disorder. You will have access to many of the same components to treatment that our adults and/or seniors do, as well as access to chronic pain therapy and other services including:
- Structured detoxification
- Individual and group counseling
- Education and supportive therapy around pain and addiction
- Psychological counseling to assist with coping skills
- Medication management, as needed
- Meditation (including guided meditation), massage and acupuncture
- Physical therapy, personal fitness and wellness planning
- Family education
- Relapse prevention counseling
- Spiritual counseling pertaining to pain
- Outside consultation as needed