LGBTQIA+ Affirming and Accepting Services
The treatment you need. The affirmation and acceptance that matters.
At a Glance
A safe and welcoming environment
allows you to concentrate fully on treatment and healing.
Services address stigma,
heterosexism, internalized homophobia, and discrimination.
Empathetic and understanding LGBTQIA+
staff and allies offer connection and support.
Highlights of LGBTQIA+ Services
If you identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, asexual, genderqueer, or non-binary (LGBTQIA+) and are seeking treatment, our welcoming environment gives you a safe and affirming place to focus on healing and recovery:
- We are committed to cultural competency and provide ongoing training with our clinical team to ensure we meet our commitment.
- Our therapists and other treatment professionals have experience working with LGBTQIA+ patients and will honor your diverse experience.
- Our medical department understands the LGBTQIA+ community’s unique medical concerns and needs.
- We also coordinate care with local, knowledgeable community providers.
Our LGBTQIA+ Affirming Services in Pennsylvania
Our specialized care includes:
- Pride group: The therapy group discusses topics like coming out, sexuality, relationships, spirituality, heterosexism, family of origin issues, internalized homophobia, sexual trauma, shame, HIV/AIDs, and other LGBTQIA+ concerns.
- LGBTQIA+ Pride luncheons: Socialize with other LGBTQIA+ patients and staff who identify as LGBTQIA+ or allies during a private lunch.
- 12-Step off-campus LGBTQIA+ AA meeting: This community-based meeting offers another level of support and prepares patients for the experience of real-world meeting attendance within the community.
- LGBTQIA+ retreats: During treatment and as an alumnus, you are invited to annual renewal weekends with other current patients and alumni to relax, enjoy the warmth of being loved simply for who you are, and address recovery-related topics specific to the LGBTQIA+ community and sexual/gender identity.
- Family engagement: We believe that the family members, including people you identify as your family of choice, should be part of the treatment process. If you are dealing with rejection from your family because of your sexuality, our therapists can provide counseling for you and any family members you wish to include. Through multi-day family programming, patients and families receive a solid understanding of substance use disorder and learn skills to create healthy changes to the family system.
- Continuing care planning: Your plan will include LGBTQIA+-specific resources and recommendations for recovery when you return home.
Our LGBTQIA+ Affirming Services in Florida
Because the Caron Renaissance treatment model is clinically intensive and focuses on the whole person, you have a safe space to examine the impact of shame, stigma, and heterosexism on your life and relationships, opening a way to healthy self-acceptance. Our emphasis on family treatment also offers an opportunity, when clinically beneficial, for you and your family members to have direct, open, and honest dialogue that can lead to healthier and affirming relationships. Specialized services include:
- Sexual concerns: We offer therapy for patients to address sexually compulsive or sexually anorexic behaviors, high-risk behaviors, and shame-inducing behaviors (which may or may not be related to sexual identity and/or sexual orientation).
- Access to community meetings: You can attend meetings specific to the group(s) you identify with, such as transgender support and LGBTQIA+ 12-Step meetings.
- Access to community events: We coordinate events with community partners such as the PRIDE center in Fort Lauderdale, INSPIRE in West Palm Beach, and Lambda North in Delray Beach.
- Family engagement: We focus on family systems, including family of origin and family of choice. This collaborative therapeutic work enables you and your family members to address core identity issues in a safe and affirming environment.
- Medical care planning: Through our relationships with medical professionals and endocrinologists with expertise in supporting transgender clients, you can seamlessly transition to a skilled community provider who understands your needs.