Addiction is a serious disease, requiring specialized treatment. Caron Treatment Centers and Reading Health System are committed to educating the next generation of Addiction Medicine experts through a Fellowship Program, certified by the Addiction Medicine Foundation and the American Board of Medical Specialties (AMBS).
ABMS began recognizing Addiction Medicine as a specialty in October of 2015 and considers an Addiction Medicine Fellowship as the “gold standard” in physician credentialing, assuring patients that their physician meets the highest standards of practice and clinical knowledge, and has completed an approved educational program and process.
Our Fellows undergo rigorous, advanced training, utilizing the most innovative evidence-based treatment modalities and therapies. Our Fellows learn in a multi-disciplinary, multi-modal and multi-phasic setting from world-class physician experts who are regarded as leaders in the field, and are regularly called upon by government, educational, medical and industry organizations to provide expert insight into addiction related topics.
The partnership of Caron Treatment Centers and the Reading Health System provides a unique and comprehensive Fellowship Program that combines the services of a renowned behavioral health provider with a 60-year history of specializing in substance use and co-occurring disorders and a nationally recognized training hospital that received Pennsylvania’s prestigious Centers of Excellence Award.
The Caron Treatment Centers - Reading Health System Fellowship includes:
Caron Treatment Centers:
- Monthly rotations through residential behavioral health units
- Longitudinal inpatient detoxification and withdrawal management rotation
- One-month research rotation
- One-month addiction medicine elective
Reading Health System:
- Weekly longitudinal outpatient substance disorder clinic rotation, through the department of family medicine
- One-month inpatient psychiatric and consult service rotation
- One-month emergency medicine rotation
- Longitudinal outpatient medication assisted treatment clinic rotation
Participation in the program includes:
- Eligibility to sit for the Addiction Medicine exam
- 40 hours of CME credits in Addiction Medicine and fully funded Addiction Medicine Exam review course Competitive salary and benefits
Learn more and apply to our Fellowship program