Vaping Intervention, Education & Wellness for Students (VIEWS) Diversion Program
Vaping Intervention, Education & Wellness for Students (VIEWS) is a diversion program that helps youth avoid, reduce, or quit the use of vaping products and make responsible and healthy decisions. It can be used as an alternative to school suspension.
Participants engage in guided discussions, activities, roleplaying and repeated skill practice during three, 60-minute sessions.
The program can be facilitated in one-on-one sessions or a small group format.
- Session 1: Self-Awareness and Exploration
- Session 2: Teen Brain and Addiction
- Session 3: Goal Setting and Preparing for Change
- Demonstrate and understanding of the impact of vaping products
- Identify their risky behaviors and the benefits of avoiding those behaviors
- Recognize their ability to make responsible decisions
- Demonstrate an increased level of self-efficacy, self-awareness, social awareness and relationship skills
The VIEWS diversion program consists of three, 60-minute sessions to help youth address their vaping use.