Nicotine: The CLEAR Facts
In this 45–60-minute presentation, students will learn about the health impact of using nicotine and cannabis. Instruction includes information on delivery devices such as cigarettes, cigars, smokeless tobacco, and electronic products. Participants will also learn about the addictive properties of nicotine and cannabis by listening to facts, expressing knowledge of consequences, looking at visuals and participating in hands-on activities to reinforce relevant concepts.
- Gain awareness of the prevalence of youth nicotine and cannabis/marijuana use and recognize that most of their peers do not use these substances
- Recognize the importance of remaining substance-free
- Realize the physical, social, emotional, and mental consequences of nicotine and cannabis/marijuana use
- Learn about addiction and why young people are particularly vulnerable
- Gain an understanding of the impact substance use has on a developing brain
The CLEAR Facts is an engaging 45-60 minute nicotine cessation program for students in 5th grade through high school.
We're one call away.
Breakthrough at Caron