Cannabis Awareness and Reduction Education Program: CARE Together
Students using cannabis related products who want to quit or reduce their use will benefit from the education and support of their peers. This early intervention support group gives students the opportunity to meet with the same cohort once a week for 8 weeks to learn about the impact of cannabis and develop strategies to address their use. In addition, facilitators will utilize pre and post assessments to provide data points for the reduction of cannabis use by students following the 8-session group.
- Session 1: Introductions, Ground Rules, Pre-Assessment, Motivators for Reduction/Cessation
- Session 2: Health Effects and Pros and Cons of Cannabis Use
Session 3: Consequences of Cannabis Use
- Session 4: Triggers, Managing Cravings, and Social Supports
- Session 5: Communication, Refusal Skills
- Session 6: Problem-Solving, Automatic Thinking
- Session 7: Uncomfortable Feelings and How to Deal with Them
- Session 8: Positive Self-Talk and Wrap-Up
We're one call away.
Breakthrough at Caron