Understanding the Impact of Substances on the Developing Brain
A highly interactive presentation for children and teens in grades 5 to 12. Each presentation is tailored to be age appropriate.
The program format is engaging and experiential with didactic instruction as well as activities for student participation. It is best used with smaller groups to allow participants to ask questions in a more intimate, confidential setting.
- Familiarize participants with parts of the brain and how they function.
- Identify drugs that are abused and their specific impact on a developing brain.
- Explain the concept of addiction and a young person’s heightened vulnerability.
- Dispel myths surrounding certain drugs.
- Highlight the importance of remaining substance free.