At a minimum, you’ll want to bring the following items:
- Comfortable clothing and shoes for about a week (a maximum of two suitcases). On-site laundry facilities and supplies are available.
- Alcohol-free toiletries, including: shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, shaving articles, hairdryer, etc.
- Writing materials for taking notes
- Photo ID: a driver’s license, passport, or work ID
- Medical insurance cards
- A list of all medications, including dosages, and any known allergies to medications
We want you to be comfortable and feel at home during your stay at Caron. Your Admissions/Case Specialist will talk with you about what kinds of personal items you may be able to bring, and what our staff will consider appropriate for your specific situation. In the meantime, here are some items to consider packing.
- Family photos
- Journaling materials
- Music that helps you feel positive
- Spiritual or religious items
Checking in Your Luggage
On the day you arrive, you’ll check your bags in while completing paperwork and getting settled. We’ll take a look at your belongings to make sure you’ve brought only appropriate items for your stay during treatment. Personal items deemed not appropriate to have during treatment will be sent home with the accompanying family member or stored and returned to you at your discharge.