Your involvement matters.
Caron Renaissance Recovery
Care programs are great opportunities not only to take ownership of your own
recovery, but also to mentor those who are new to the process. Alumni programs at
Caron Renaissance include:
- Continuing Care Groups. Caron Renaissance provides weekly Continuing Care
Groups to support new graduates as they become more independent and autonomous
in their recovery. Continuing Care Groups are great safety nets for those who
are new to sober living. Groups are held at the Caron Renaissance offices
at Beacon Square.
- Aftercare Groups. Caron Renaissance provides alumni-led peer groups designed to provide support for alumni who participate in continuing care and actively take patients out on pass.
- Family Support. Caron Renaissance alumni families and clinical staff work together to host support groups for families and siblings of Caron Renaissance alumni and patients.
- Aftercare Buddy Program. Each new Caron Renaissance patient receives a
designated Aftercare Buddy. Aftercare Buddies—Caron Renaissance alumni who
commit to offering consistent and regular encouragement—show patients how to utilize
a sober support system while in treatment and beyond.
- Alumni Buddy Program. Alumni Buddies volunteer their time (and phone numbers) for
new patients. Patients can call alumni buddies with questions or concerns
during their stay at Caron Renaissance. All Alumni Buddies must have one year
of sobriety to qualify.
- Alumni Family Buddy
Initiated in 2011, the
Alumni Family Buddy Program offers alumni families the opportunity
to connect with a newly admitted patient family. Alumni families lend
support and help new families know what to expect during and following
treatment at Caron Renaissance.
- Regional Alumni and
Family Recharge weekends.
These events are opportunities for alumni and family members to reconnect and receive
continued support. Recharge weekends include group sessions with two Caron
Renaissance therapists, a luncheon, and a speaker.
- Spirituality Retreats. Held periodically, these retreats are led by
members of the Spiritual Services staff.
- Alumni picnics,
workshops, 5K races, and sports events
Monthly events encourage community, fun, and healthy living for Caron
Renaissance alumni, family, and friends.
- The Caron Renaissance
Alumni Association (C.R.A.A).
Renaissance Alumni Association supports and promotes alumni interest through projects which provide opportunities to serve Caron Renaissance patients and the local recovery community. All Caron Renaissance alumni are invited and encouraged
- The Family Voice. Family members of Caron Alumni and Family members are encouraged to sign up for and contribute to Caron Renaissance’s monthly newsletter.
For more information on
how to get involved in Caron Renaissance alumni programs, please contact Yasmin Sorte at YSorte@caron.org or Lyndsey McMillan at LMcMillan@caron.org