Topics covered during family education programs inlcude:
- Progression of addiction
- How families are impacted by addiction
- Introduction to 12-step programs
- Building support systems and utilizing healthy coping skills
- Enabling addiction vs. supporting recovery
- Healthy communication and boundaries
- Transition from treatment to early recovery
- Commitment to recovery
The next step.
After treatment, we encourage family members to attend Breakthrough experiential workshops on our Pennsylvania campus.
Facilitated by highly-trained clinical staff, these workshops help addicts and families build deeper connections and find greater happiness through psychodrama, role-play and hands-on activities.
Please note that family education programs are strongly encouraged and, in some cases, required for admission.
All are welcome.
If you have a loved one who is not currently a patient at Caron and continues to struggle with addiction, your family is still eligible to participate in Caron’s Family Education Programs. Please contact us for more information.
Please postpone your visit to Caron’s campus for chapel services, family education or other reasons if you are sick with the flu or experiencing flu-like symptoms.