Project CONNECT Facilitator Training
Purpose of the Training
To train teachers, nurses, counselors, and other public health professionals to facilitate the 8-session, Project CONNECT, adolescent tobacco cessation and reduction program at their organization.
Objectives for the Training
- To provide an overview of adolescent tobacco use trends and importance of youth cessation interventions.
- To become familiarized with the Project CONNECT curriculum.
- To learn skills needed to successfully conduct the Project CONNECT program.
- To discuss practical implementation issues.
- To facilitate selected portions of the Project CONNECT curriculum.
This program was designed for use with adolescents in a group setting. It has not been designed or tested for use with adults or as a one-on-one cessation tool. Success cannot be guaranteed when the program is not implemented with fidelity.
Project CONNECT Facilitator Training - Professional Program
The Project Connect Facilitator program trains child-serving professionals how to facilitate the 8-session Project Connect adolescent nicotine cessation and reduction program.
For assistance or questions about this form, please call 610-743-6117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.