Facilitated by trained SAP Specialists, PREP is a program designed for parents and caregivers of children in elementary, middle school and high school. PREP covers topics such as:
- Provide information on current youth drug trends, such as vaping, and the dangers of use to the developing brain and body.
- Empower parents and caregivers with effective communication skills when talking with their children about alcohol, tobacco and other drug use.
- Review the importance of establishing clear rules and consequences at home regarding substance use.
- Evaluate resiliency factors that help protect kids from substance use.
- Provide local resources if addiction support is needed.