Join Our Team as a Behavioral Health Technician (BHT)
Caron Treatment Centers is one of the oldest and largest nonprofit addiction treatment centers in the United States. Our mission is to transform lives impacted by drug and alcohol addiction through proven, evidence-based, comprehensive, and personalized behavioral healthcare.
Caron’s Pennsylvania campus in Wernersville, PA and Florida campus in Delray Beach, FL are seeking Behavioral Health Technicians (also referred to as Counselor Assistants) to join our team.
Becoming a Behavioral Health Technician
Our Behavioral Health Technician are a mainstay of patient support. They are the compassionate hearts and helping hands that guide patients through their journey at Caron, ensuring their safety and comfort as they learn how to manage their disease and build new patterns and behaviors for a fulfilling life in recovery.
A Day in the Life of a Behavioral Health Technician
On a typical day, Behavioral Health Technician interact with and support patients during every phase of their treatment plan, serving as a steady and constant presence throughout admission, detox, programming, and downtime. Their duties might include:
- Maintaining communication and documentation regarding patient experiences
- Assisting with guest speakers and in-house recovery meetings, with opportunities to lead psychoeducational support groups and lectures
- Accompanying patients and providing support as necessary during off-campus activities and appointments
- Administering luggage checks
- Ensuring patient attendance at all scheduled activities
At Caron, we take a holistic view of employee compensation. Not only do our staff members enjoy excellent benefits and perks, but they also learn and are mentored by some of the most respected, industry-leading professionals in the field.
- Benchmarking to ensure compensation remains competitive
- 401K employer match is above market average
- Company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Income Protection
- Free financial planning
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans to care for yourself and family
- Wellness plan with reduced insurance premiums
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family when you need it
- Robust Paid Time Off program to recharge and spend time with family and friends
- Paid holidays including your birthday
- Volunteer Paid Time Off policy that allows you to give back to your community
- Comprehensive training for professional development
- Tuition reimbursement ($3,000 for undergraduate studies, $4,000 for graduate studies) if you want to go back to school
- Mentoring and job shadowing is available for employees to learn from leaders
- Promoting from within is inherent in our culture