Breakthrough at Caron - Personal Growth Workshop
Breakthrough at Caron is a groundbreaking residential, 5½ day program specifically designed for adults impacted by family or relationship dysfunction in childhood or adult life.
Breakthrough uses group therapy to enhance, and often accelerate, clients' progress in therapy. Experiential (action) methods and techniques such as psychodrama, sociometry, grief exercises, visualization, art and music are important program components. This unique approach, which is rarely available in outpatient counseling, works best in a small, private, residential environment.
Breakthrough at Caron is held in a beautifully restored mansion on the Caron Pennsylvania campus located near Reading, PA, in Wernersville. Lodging is a short walk from the mansion in suites. Groups are held weekly from Sunday-Friday, and consist of 10-12 people per group.
Breakthrough May be Right for Individuals Who:
- Feel "stuck" in negative patterns and unable to move forward
- Have difficulty overcoming pain and loss from the past and their negative impact on present-day living
- Continue to struggle with compulsive behaviors such as overeating, caretaking, spending or over-working
- Are sometimes preoccupied with worry and can't let go of friends' and loved ones' problems
- Have trouble forming or maintaining healthy relationships despite strong motivation to change
- Often feel badly about yourself or upset with how others may see you
- Are stuck in a cycle of love addiction
Although a referral from a therapist is not required, this program is intended as an addition to private therapy or outpatient counseling where individuals may accelerate their personal growth by examining and modifying long-standing patterns that interfere with their quality of life. At the conclusion of the program, Breakthrough staff provides each person with direction for follow-up care and a referral to a therapist for individuals who do not yet have one.
The program is designed by Ann Smith, nationally known Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Pennsylvania. Breakthrough therapists have a variety of credentials, among them Masters Level Therapists, Certified Experiential Counselors, Certified Addictions Counselors, Certified Psychodramatists, Marriage and Family Therapist, and Licensed Professional Counselors. All have been trained in experiential therapy and have addressed personal issues through their own treatment.
Breakthrough at Caron is Located at...
243 North Galen Hall Road
Wernersville, PA 19565