SAP Services for Parents & Caregivers
Raising children in this day and age can be difficult. When substance use problems enter the picture, things get a lot more challenging.
Parents are the #1 influence on their children.
When parents and caregivers have skills, knowledge, and resources for substance use and prevention, their influence increases on their children’s actions and decisions.
Support & Resources You Need
Caron’s SAP is here for you. We offer educational programming and resources to help prepare you to raise drug-free teens as well as support you if concerns arise.
PREP: Prevention Resources & Education for Parents
This program is designed for parents and caregivers of children in elementary, middle school and high school. Facilitated by trained SAP specialists, PREP covers topics such as:
- Provide information on current youth drug trends, such as vaping, and the dangers of use to the developing brain and body.
- Empower parents and caregivers with effective communication skills when talking with their children about alcohol, tobacco and other drug use.
- Review the importance of establishing clear rules and consequences at home regarding substance use.
- Evaluate resiliency factors that help protect kids from substance use.
- Provide local resources if addiction support is needed.
Peak Performance Programming for Parents of Student Athletes
This program offers education about the increased risk student athletes face and strategies for how to avoid that risk. In this presentation, parents and caregivers learn how they can communicate substance use prevention messaging to their students athletes.
The Other Talk
This program that helps parents of soon-to-be college students communicate accurate, healthy and practical messages to their children regarding college alcohol and drug use.