Support Groups are educational and not therapeutic in nature. Students requiring additional support will be referred as needed.
Kids of Promise®
Kids of Promise® (KOP) services are designed to assist children and teens whose family has been impacted by addiction. KOP’s mission is to help participants benefit from support; learn to positively cope with their environments; and establish healthy boundaries and decision-making skills for the future. Though KOP programming varies by location, most curriculums cover:
- Identification of feelings associated with addiction in the family
- Recognizing healthy choices and developing coping skills
- The disease model of addiction
- Effective communication skills
- Self-esteem building techniques
- Drug and alcohol prevention
- Positive relationship building
- KOP Support Groups: Held throughout the school year at schools, community facilities, churches, or agencies, KOP groups are for children and teens ages 7 to 18. Typically, groups meet for eight sessions.
- KOP Summer Camp: This week-long, specialized summer camp is for children 8 to 12 years of age. Camp takes place at the Olivet Boys and Girls Club Blue Mountain Camp in Berks County, PA, and includes swimming, games, arts, and crafts in addition to the KOP curriculum.
To register for KOP services, please click here.
For more information about Kids of Promises® Services, please contact our SAP Department at 610-743-6117.
Caron SAP offers professional training for those interested in facilitating KOP services. To learn more, please visit our training page or contact us.
Project CONNECT® is a nicotine cessation and reduction program that empowers teens to make positive choices. Utilizing the stages of change model, participants support each other through the cessation process while developing the skills for success.
This innovative program can be implemented in schools and youth-serving agencies. Students meet once a week for eight weeks to discuss and work on the following topics:
- Peer pressure
- Stress management
- Decision making
- Social skills
Click here to view an infographic about the Project CONNECT® program outcomes.
Call 800-678-2332 ext. 6117 or contact us to learn more about implementing Project CONNECT.
Additional group topics include, but are not limited to:
- Anger management
- Changing families
- Grief and loss
- Drug and alcohol insight
- Drug and alcohol intervention
- Recovery Care Support
- Marijuana intervention
- Teen issues
- Resiliency skills
- Stress management