During Residential Family Restructuring, the patient and their family members reside together in the same clinical setting. The workshop essentially changes the way in which a family operates by allowing the aforementioned barriers to present themselves where the clinical team can address them and help the family move towards recovery. Residential Family Restructuring treats the entire family as "the patient," recognizing and treating the pain carried by each member who has been affected by addiction to drugs or alcohol and other behavioral health disorders.
Our Caron Renaissance program welcomes family members to live with their loved one for two weeks and engage in the clinical program. The Caron Ocean Drive program is shorter and more intensive. Families live with their loved one for five days while receiving clinical care. Ocean Drive’s workshop is covered in the price of care, and families may request further treatment for an additional fee.
Clinical Offices at Caron Renaissance
During Residential Family Restructuring, family members follow a clinical schedule. They attend daily group therapy sessions where they address personal and family issues, such as:
- Generational themes
- Grief and loss
- Communication problems
- Boundary issues
Once these issues are addressed, the opportunity for family recovery increases dramatically.
At the end of the Family Restructuring experience, each family member will:
- Increase expectations for themselves and their loved one, the patient
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Be able to implement reasonable and natural consequences
- Detach from problem-solving for loved ones
- Engage in healthy communication and non-avoidant conflict resolution
- Focus on self-care and emotional regulation by developing supports and resources
- Communicate and care for themselves and their family
The unique fellowship of the patient community working hand-in-hand with families within a clinical setting provides the opportunity to embrace family recovery.