Our thorough screening process helps our participants make appropriate choices about attending the Breakthrough at Caron program based on their personal needs. From initial contact, our trained specialists give clients individualized attention to help prepare them for the experience.
- Participants must be 18 years of age and older
- Individuals should be physically and emotionally able to handle the intensity of feelings and activity of experiential group work for six or more hours per day
- Breakthrough is not recommended for anyone with a serious physical or mental health issue that would make it difficult to benefit from the Breakthrough program.
- Although not required, the benefits are greater for participants who use Breakthrough as part of their ongoing therapy. Those who do not have a therapist will be provided with a referral and recommendation to see a therapist following the workshop.
Individuals in recovery from addiction must have six months of continuous abstinence prior to attendance. Breakthrough is not designed to work on primary addiction issues or to intervene with undiagnosed addiction.
The registration process begins with a phone call or submission of an online form expressing your interest. During the initial call you will be asked to answer personal questions as honestly as possible in order to be sure this program is the best option and that this is the best time for you to attend. If we have questions of a clinical nature beyond the scope of the interview, you may be contacted by a Breakthrough professional who will also want to speak to your personal therapist or doctor.
We welcome an opportunity to speak with your therapist at any time about Breakthrough, our approach, and to discuss the appropriateness and timing of the program for you. With your written permission, your therapist will be contacted on Monday and again on Friday while you are at Breakthrough.
After registration you will receive an email with additional information, including:
- What to bring and what you won’t need
- Transportation suggestions
- Printed cancellation policy – please read and acknowledge receipt per the included instructions
- Informed Consent Form - explains what Breakthrough is and risks involved in participating in the program. Please sign and bring with you when attending the workshop.
- Personal history form and background information questions. This will help the Breakthrough staff understand you and your needs.