What is Breakthrough?
Breakthrough at Caron is a groundbreaking residential, 5-day program specifically designed for adults seeking a higher level of happiness and satisfaction. Held in the hills of Caron’s Pennsylvania campus and staffed by a team of skilled therapists, Breakthrough guides adults 18 and older toward the lasting change they want and need.
During the program, professionals help participants examine and modify long-standing patterns and attachment issues that interfere with functioning and quality of life. Objectives of the Breakthrough program include:
- Bringing out the best in yourself; allowing your strengths to guide you
- Flourishing and growing rather than just coping
- Being the best parent, partner, and spouse you can be
- Learning to manage emotions well on a daily basis – regardless of life’s ups and downs
- Experiencing happiness and joy as a way of life
- Increasing closeness and intimacy in your relationships
- Feeling productive and purposeful in your work
- Being able to accept the people and things you cannot change
- Centering your life on your values and the people you love
- A significant shift in perspective
- A new foundation of awareness and self-esteem
- A degree of relief from the pressures of painful emotions
- A commitment to an ongoing support system
Strongly rooted in attachment theory, Breakthrough utilizes experiential group work, a process that helps participants access self-insight through hands-on activities such as crafting or role-playing. During experiential work at Breakthrough, professionals facilitate groups of up to ten as they work together to identify ineffective patterns of thinking and behavior and develop healthier, more effective alternatives. Within this safe environment, Breakthrough participants are encouraged to take risks, try new things, and practice the change they hope to achieve.
In addition to experiential work, Breakthrough’s individualized modalities include mindfulness training, psychodrama, small group sessions, and exercises that address complex grief and shame. All aspects of the Breakthrough program are designed to help participants experience real behavioral change and eliminate problems that impede healthy relationships.
Breakthrough is most effective as a supplement to private therapy or outpatient counseling. Those who do not have a therapist will be provided with a referral and recommendation to see a therapist following the workshop.
Our proven success.
One year follow-up studies conducted by Rutgers University have shown that Breakthrough promotes change and leads to healthier, more rewarding lives. Participants can expect to experience short-term and long-term changes.
When: Groups convene twice a month, beginning Sunday at 4:00 p.m. and ending on Friday at noon.
Where: Caron Pennsylvania campus in Wernersville, PA
Cost: $3,250 for room, board, and the 5-day workshop
Private rooms are available on a limited basis for an additional charge. For more information, please speak to an Admissions Specialist.
Start living the life you deserve.
For more information, please contact us