Join Caron Treatment Centers and Metropolitan Pediatrics experts for a comprehensive, eight-hour course that will assist residents, fellows, and physicians identify, understand, and treat substance use disorders in children, teens, and young adults.
Caron Recovery Center in New York
244 East 58th Street
New York, NY 10022
5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Our Streamlined Curriculum Covers:
- Integrating substance use disorder approaches into daily practice, including screenings into routine medical assessments
- Understanding the causes of substance use disorders
- Exploring the role of pediatricians in substance use prevention, screenings, intervention, referral to treatment, and recovery
- Recognizing that substance use disorders are a family disease that require support for everyone
- Identifying one’s own attitudes that promote or prevent therapeutic responses to patients with substance use disorders
- Gaining the skills needed to utilize motivational interviewing techniques to enhance patient’s readiness to change
- Recognizing frequently abused substances among teens
- Understanding the relationship between mental illness and substance use disorders
- Referring patients to appropriate care, including mutual support groups that support recovery
Digital Learning Curriculum:
- Addiction as a Disease – Caron’s Chief Medical Director Lecture
- C-SBIRT -Caron’s Training for Healthcare Professionals on Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment – Digital Course
- Impact of Substance Use Disorders on the Family: Hope for Recovery – Digital Course
- Medically Assisted Treatment – Caron’s Chief Medical Director Lecture
- Vaping and Marijuana: Tools and Insight – Digital Course
Live Workshop at Caron’s Regional Recovery Center:
- Motivational Interviewing in Practice
- Practical Substance Use Disorder Approaches to Screening, Intervention, Referral, Treatment and Recovery Support
- Discussion with parents, alumni, and mutual support group Members
- Exploring Attitudes and Cultivating Empathy
- Additional resources and support for on-going learning
Caron will Provide:
- High quality content delivered in a variety of interactive approaches
- Engaging and experienced faculty
- Dinner at the Live Workshop
- Guest speakers will share their experience, strength, and hope
- A Caron certificate of completion will be presented
Dr. Nicholas A. Pace, MD is the founding director of Caron’s Pediatric Substance Use Disorder Education Program and provides consultation on curriculum and program development.
Dr. Harris Stratyner, PhD, is a licensed doctor of psychology, as well as an internationally recognized expert on addiction, with a particular specialty in co-occurring disorders.
Dr. Timothy Sasala, DO, is the owner of Metropolitan Pediatrics, he practices general Pediatrics with privileges at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital. He brings a passion for recovery and experience with compassionate care for substance use disorders to Caron’s education program.
Dr. Alexandra Stratyner, PhD, is a licensed counseling psychologist who provides individual, couples, family and group therapy and assessment services . After teaching and providing research and statistical consultation for the Pediatric SUD Education Program since 2016, she is honored to formally join the program as a faculty member and support Caron's mission of training the next generation of healthcare providers in the recognition and treatment of substance use and co-occurring disorders.