According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention there were more than 72,000 drug overdose deaths in 2017.
Crisis Impacting Older Adults
According to the National Institute of Health, nearly 2.8 million Americans age 50 and older meet the criteria for substance use disorder. That number is expected to nearly double to 5.7 by 2020
Need for High Quality Treatment
Many families seek high quality care for inpatient rehabilitation throughout the United States, but unfortunately find it difficult to access world class treatment. Our goal is to reduce financial barriers, helping those in need of care take their first critical steps in our new Florida Medical Center.
Caron has embarked on a $120M fundraising campaign to expand our facilities, invest in new behavioral health programs, and increase scholarship assistance for families. The name of this comprehensive effort is Open the Door Campaign, and the capstone is the construction of Caron’s Medical Center in Florida. Located on Linton Boulevard and Military Trail in Delray Beach, Florida within a few miles of our existing residential and clinical facilities, the site will serve as Caron’s welcome and admission center with some distinguishing features:
- Includes 25 residential beds to treat the growing number of older adults impacted by addiction, one of the fasted growing health issues in America
- Houses 8 residential suites for Ocean Drive to support expansion of programs
- Supports 5 beds dedicated to medical supervision and detoxification
- Becomes the center point for education of the next generation of medical professionals on the latest advances in the field of addiction treatment
- Expands the infrastructure needed to support research that leads to new evidenced-based treatments for families, offering more hope for future generations
- Houses the expansion of innovative programs such as Neurofeedback Therapy, Chronic Pain Management, Trauma and Psychological Services, and Alternative Therapies, with flexibility to continually integrate the latest advances