Prevention Resources & Education For Parents/Caregivers – DC
Wednesday, December 7th 6:00 PM - Wednesday, December 21st 7:30 PM | Caron DC Regional Office
Are you comfortable talking about substance use and the risks? Can you recognize the warning signs? Join Us for an Upcoming In-Person Presentation
This program will be facilitated by professionals who specialize in the prevention of substance use disorders.
This presentation provides parents and caregivers of middle and high school students with information that research shows can help reduce the chances that their teen will engage in substance use.
- Provide information on current youth drug trends, such as vaping, and the dangers of use to the developing brain and body
- Empower parents and caregivers with effective communication skills when talking with their children about alcohol, tobacco and other drug use
- Review the importance of establishing clear rules and consequences at home regarding substance use
- Evaluate resiliency factors that help protect kids from substance use
- Provide local resources if addiction support is needed
- Kelley Lyons, MA – Caron Treatment Centers Coordinator of Student Assistance Programs
- Latisha Faulkner – Caron Treatment Centers Lead SAP Specialist
- Beth Carrillo – Caron Treatment Centers SAP Specialist
Please select one of the following:
- December 7, 2022 6pm - 7:30pm
- December 21, 2022 6pm - 7:30pm
If you have any questions, please contact Kelley Lyons at email@example.com.
Date & TimeWednesday, December 7th 6:00 PM - Wednesday, December 21st 7:30 PM
LocationCaron DC Regional Office
7315 Wisconsin Avenue
Suite 790 East
Bethesda, MD 20814