The Kids of Promise Children and Teen program at Caron serves as a way to educate participants about the disease of addiction and how each family member is affected. We utilize a structured program approach that is suitable for kids ages 7-15.
The goal of this program is to provide an educational and fun experience, in a safe and caring environment, that will help children learn and build the skills they need to
- Understand that addiction is a disease that progresses over time
- Understand that they are not responsible for their loved one’s addiction
- Appropriately process their feelings around the fact that addiction has impacted not only their family member, but themselves
- Understand the process of treatment and recovery
- Develop healthy coping and problem solving skills
A variety of activities are incorporated into the program, including crafts, team building, recreation, and educational groups. All program materials, lunch and snacks will be provided.
Participants must be between the ages of 7 and 15, be impacted by a loved one's addiction, and complete a brief Q&A sessions with Kids of Promise staff before being accepted into the program to ensure a safe environment.