About Veterans Healing Through Connection
Held in various locations across the country, Veterans Healing Through Connection is a 3-day workshop designed to help active service members, veterans and their significant others create, strengthen and restore healthy intimacy.
During individual and group couples counseling, participants will practice connecting, communicating and understanding relationship dynamics. Ultimately, participating couples develop strong foundations for loving, productive, collaborative relationships.
The program is open to any committed couple, regardless of marital status. All couples complete a brief intake form and are clinically screened by our facilitators in order to ensure that the workshop is an appropriate fit. We reserve the right to make final decisions on admission to the workshop.
Benefits of the workshop include:
- Small, friendly group setting
- Free accommodations
- Great food and relaxation
- Developed by licensed therapists, including a career Navy veteran
Workshop topics include:
- Turning barriers to intimacy into points of connection
- Turning towards your partner rather than away in times of stress
- Facing stressful situations—including deployment, return from deployment, extended family, parenting, relocation and geo-bachelor issues—together