Our research partnerships
In order to maintain excellence in addiction and behavioral health treatment, we consult with leaders in the field of research related to efficacy of treatment and outcomes:
- Robert DuPont, MD–Served as the first director of the National Institute of Drug Abuse and the founder of the Institute for Behavioral Health.
- James R. McKay, Ph.D. – Professor of Psychology in Psychiatry Director, Penn-TRI Center on the Continuum of Care in the Addictions, University of Pennsylvania Director, Center of Excellence in Substance Abuse Treatment and Education
Additionally, Caron’s research department has affiliations with leading medical and academic institutions, which allow us to continually improve and implement new evidence-based practices:
- Penn State Hershey
- Rutgers, State University of New Jersey, Center for Alcohol Studies
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Southern Mississippi
Caron's research participation
In keeping with our commitment to research-based treatment, Caron participates in large-scale studies in order to advance patient outcomes and treatment efficacy. Recent study participation includes:
Benchmark Study: Caron is one of a few treatment providers to participate in a benchmark survey among peers. Study results, to-date, have found that Caron is in the 100th percentile for family participation in treatment. At Caron Pennsylvania, 100% of families of young adult patients and 82% of families of adult and adolescent patients participated in our Family Education Program.