Caron Washington, D.C.
Caron Washington, D.C. regional office was established as a key resource for professionals, the recovering community and Caron alumni.
The office provides information, referral services, and a close working relationship with Caron Treatment Centers' personnel to ensure that patients leaving treatment at one of Caron's treatment facilities (PA, FL, TX), who live in the D.C. and surrounding areas, are aware of the numerous services available to keep them connected to the Caron Continuum.
Caron D.C. provides the following services:
- Monthly Alumni Group Meeting and Parent Group Meeting held the 1st Thursday of the month at the Caron Washington DC and the 4th Thursday of the month at the Unity Club. The parent support group offers assistance and bonding opportunities to the parents of adolescents and young adults impacted by addiction. The fellowship groups offer opportunities to support recovery and bond with fellow alumni.
- Monthly Breakthrough at Caron Alumni Group held the 2nd Thursday of the month at The Westside Club - Georgetown. The Breakthrough Alumni Group is a fellowship group geared toward alumni of the Breakthrough at Caron Program. Continue your personal growth and expand your support network with this group. Connect with others who understand what you are going through in a safe and confidential atmosphere. The group focuses on topics related to self-awareness, processing feelings, being present and grounded in a safe and supportive environment.
- Monthly Parents Group held the 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month at the Caron Washington D.C. Office and the 4th Thursday of the month at the Unity Club in Falls Church VA.. The Caron Parents Group is for parents with children of any ages who are currently in or who have completed treatment at Caron, and parents who are concerned about their children's alcohol and/or drug use.
- Washington Metropolitan Area Community Service Awards Program honoring area individuals who have made an outstanding contribution towards the on-going battle of addiction and chemical dependency.
- Student Assistance Programs (SAP) - provide prevention programs in D.C., Maryland and Virginia, including adolescent tobacco cessation and early drug intervention groups. Caron has served at least 50 schools in the Capital region, including some community colleges.
- Educational Workshops by Caron experts for therapists and counselors that offer continuing education credits for their licensure requirements.
- Yount Adult Recovery Network (YARN) YARN groups are open to young men and women ages 18-30 who are committed to living a life of recovery. YARN Groups provide a safe, supportive environment to make new friendships, expand recovery support, and experience sober, fun activities. For more information about YARN in Washington, D.C. please contact Joi Honer at 800-678-2332 ext. 6156 or JHoner@Caron.org.
For additional information on Caron Washington, DC's services, Development efforts, Alumni events, and treatment options and information, please feel free to contact:
Tara T. Handron - Regional Vice President
Caron Washington, DC
7315 Wisconsin Avenue – The Air Rights Center
Suite 790 East
Bethesda, MD 20814
If you are seeking treatment for yourself or a loved one, or if you are a clinical professional in need of information for a patient, please contact:
Mary Raleigh - Mid-Atlantic Business Development Officer
Caron Washington, DC